About the Indian Army: The Department of Defence deals with the Integrated Defence Staff (IDS) and three Services and various Inter-Service Organisations. It is also responsible for the Defence Budget, establishment matters, defence policy, matters relating to Parliament, defence cooperation with foreign countries and coordination of all defence-related activities.
The Department of Defence Production is headed by a Secretary and deals with matters pertaining to defence production, indigenisation of imported stores, equipment and spares, and planning and control of departmental production units of the Ordnance Factory Board and Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs).
The Department of Defence Research and Development is headed by a Secretary, who is the Scientific Adviser to the Raksha Mantri. Its function is to advise the Government on scientific aspects of military equipment and logistics and the formulation of research, design and development plans for equipment required by the Services.
The Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare is headed by a Secretary and deals with all resettlement, welfare and pensionary matters of Ex-Servicemen.
Introduction: Indian Army is inviting applications from unmarried male and unmarried female Law Graduates for the grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate
General Branch. Candidates who possess a Degree in Law are only eligible to apply.
Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme Recruitment 2022 – Apply Online
Name of the Post: JAG Entry Scheme – Law graduates
Total Posts: 7 Posts
Gender Wise Distribution of Number of Posts:
- Male: 5 Posts
- Female: 2 Posts
Candidates’ age is in between 21 to 27 years as of 01 Jan 2023 (Born not earlier than 02 Jan 1996 and not later than 01 Jan 2002. Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates.
Candidates must possess LLB from a recognized University/ Institute with an aggregate of 55% of marks. In addition, the CLAT PG Score of the preceding year is mandatory for all candidates. The candidates should be eligible for registration as an advocate with the Bar Council of India/State. The candidate should be from a College/University recognized by the Bar Council of India
Selected candidates will receive pay in the range of Lieutenant of about Rs. 56,100 – 1,77,500/- by the recruiting organization.
- Indian Army will shortlist the applicants soon after receipt of the application forms. After shortlisting the allotment regarding examination centres will be intimated to them. Candidates must log in with their details to know about their Selection centre and SSB Dates. SSB Dates will be allowed to the candidates on first cum first serve basis.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates will undergo SSB at Selection Centres, Allahabad(UP), Bhopal(MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (PB). Call up letter for the SSB interview will be issued by the respective Selection Centre on the candidate’s registered e-mail id and SMS only.
- Candidates will undergo a two-stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I are only eligible to attend Stage II. Those who fail in stage I will be returned on the same day. The duration of the SSB interview is five days.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be issued a joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available
No fee details are available in the given recruitment notification.
How to Apply?
- Desirous candidates must read the recruitment notification released by the Indian Army
- The notification was released by the Recruitment Department of the Indian Army.
- Visit the official website, www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and check the announcement tab to get a recruitment notification for the JAG Law Graduates
- Click on the recruitment notification
- Check all the eligibility before applying to the posts.
- After checking your eligibility, click on the Online application form
- Fill out all the particulars in the online application form carefully at the appropriate places.
- Upload a recent copy of the passport-size photograph, signature, and relevant certificates of testimonials at designated positions.
- Submit the online application form after checking all the details.
- Take a printout copy of the online application form for future reference.
Documents need to be submitted at the time of Submission of the Application Form:
1. Scanned Photo duly signed by the Candidate
2. Scanned Signatures of the Candidate.
3. Scanned copies of degrees and mark sheets of Educational Qualifications.
4. Scanned copy of SC/BC-A/BC-B/EWS/ESMiDESM/DFF certificate
5. Scanned copy of PwBD Certificate. (For PwBD).
Candidates should make a note about Important Dates while applying online to the post of JAG Law Graduates
|Name of the Activity
|Starting Date for Submission of Online Application Form
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form
|Detailed Notification for JAG Law Graduates
|Go to Sarkari Result