BSF Recruitment 2022: The border Security Force (BSF) is inviting online applications for the posts of Assistant Commandant (Works), and Assistant Commandant (Electrical) under Group ‘A’ Cadre. Candidates must read the recruitment notification carefully before applying for the posts. Selected candidates will get paid according to the rules of Pay Matrix 10 by the recruiting organization.
About Border Security Force (BSF): Till 1965 India’s border with Pakistan was manned by the State Armed Police Battalion. On 09th April 1965, Pakistan attacked Sardar Post, Chhar Bet, and Beria Bet in Kutch. This exposed the inadequacy of the State Armed Police to cope with armed aggression due to which the Government of India felt the need for a specialized centrally controlled Border Security Force, which would be armed and trained to man the International Border with Pakistan. As a result of the recommendations of the Committee of Secretaries, the Border Security Force came into existence on 01st Dec 1965, with Shri K F Rustamji, IP as the first chief and founding father. Initially, in 1965, BSF was raised with 25 Bns and with the passage of time, was expanded as per the requirement of the nation to fight against militancy in Punjab, J&K, Northeast region, etc. At present BSF is holding 192 (including 03 NDRF) Bns and 07 BSF Arty Regiments guarding International Border with Pakistan and Bangladesh
BSF Recruitment 2022 Assistant Commandant 7 Posts
Name of the Post: Assistant Commandant (Works), Assistant Commandant (Electrical)
Total Posts: 07 Posts
|Name of the Post||No. of Posts|
|Assistant Commandant (Works)||06 Posts|
|Assistant Commandant (Electrical)||01 Post|
|Total Posts||07 Posts|
Candidates’ age should be below 35 years. Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates which is prescribed below.
- SC/ST Category candidates: 5 years
- OBC Category candidates: 3 years
- Widow/ Divorced Woman: 35 years
|Name of the Post||Qualification|
|Assistant Commandant (Works)||Candidates must complete Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute|
|Assistant Commandant (Electrical)||Candidates must complete Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute|
Selected Candidates will receive payment of about Rs. 56,100 – 1,77,500/- (Pay Level 10) by the recruiting organization.
- Selection to the post of Assistant Commandant will be based on their performance in the Written test followed by a conventional test and interview
- After receipt of applications, Border Security Force will shortlist the candidates to appear in a written test.
- Hall tickets/ Call letters for written tests/skill tests for those who will be screened-in will be sent through email only and no hard copy will be sent.
- A Written Test will be conducted for the Screened-In candidates at Ahmedabad only & based on the written test scores, the required number of candidates alone shall be called for a skill test.
- Written Tests will be conducted so that the theoretical and practical knowledge of the
candidate is tested covering both the breadth and depth of the prescribed curriculum. The skill test will be purely on a ‘go-no-go’ basis and marks obtained in the skill test will not be considered for selection.
- Far candidates will be paid traveling expenses for attending the skill test.
Written test Pattern:
- General English: 25 questions
- General awareness: 25 questions
- Reasoning: 25 questions
- Numerical aptitude: 25 questions
Documents to be carried at the time of the interview:
1. Aadhar Card
2. SSC Marksheet Certificate
3. Degree Certificate marks sheets (all semesters or consolidated mark sheet)
4. Provisional Certificate of qualifying Degree
5. Reservation certificate (SC, ST, OBC, EWS, XSM, PWD/PH) if applicable.
Documents need to be submitted at the time of the interview:
1. One set of Photocopy/Xerox copies of all the above Certificates
2. Aadhar xerox proof.
3. Recent copies of Passport size photographs.
Candidates must pay a nonrefundable fee of Rs. 400/- through online mode. The fee must be payable through online mode.
How to Apply?
- Desirous Aspirants must read the recruitment notification released by the Border Security Force
- The Recruitment Dashboard of the Border Security Force (BSF) has released the notification
- Visit the official website, www.rectt.bsf.gov.in, and check the latest announcements on the home page.
- Click on the recruitment notification for Assistant Commandant
- Check all the eligibility before applying to the posts.
- After checking your eligibility, click on the Online application form
- Fill out all the particulars in the online application form carefully at the appropriate places.
- Upload a recent copy of the passport-size photograph, signature, and relevant certificates of testimonials at designated positions.
- Pay the requisite amount of the application fee
- Submit the online application form after checking all the details.
- Take a printout copy of the online application form for future reference.
Candidates should take note of important dates before applying to their respective posts.
|Name of the Event||Date|
|Starting Date for Submission of Online Application Form||24-10-2022|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form||22-11-2022|
|Last Date for Receiving documents||22-11-2022|
Border Security Force, Directorate General, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India
|Detailed Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Go to Sarkari Result||Click Here|