Sikkim High Court Recruitment 2022: Sikkim High Court is inviting applications from eligible Indian Nationals to fill the posts of Civil Judge Cum Judicial Magistrate under Grade III. Candidates who are having experience in Legal affairs are eligible to apply for the vacancies. Selected Candidates will be posted on direct recruitment basis.
About Sikkim High Court: Prior to its merger with the Union of India in the year 1975 by the Constitution (Thirty Sixth Amendment) Act, 1975, the erstwhile Sikkim was under a monarchy. The King who was popularly known as “the Chogyal” was the fountainhead of justice, whose words was the law. Under the then administrative setup, there was no place for an independent judiciary. The judicial procedure being followed then was very simple and free from legal technicalities. The Courts were dispensing substantive justice based on the principle of justice, equity, and good conscience. Lawyers were not allowed to appear in Court.
The administration of justice in Sikkim in the last century was being carried out by the Feudal Landlords (Adda Courts), and Jongpons (District Officers). Pistons (Headmen) and Mandals with the Chogyal at the top.
In 1909, Kazis, Thikadars, and Lamas were invested with judicial powers by a State Council resolution. They could try civil suits up to the valuation of ₹ 500/-.
In 1916, the Appellate Court by the designation of Chief Court was created with jurisdiction to try important original suits and also to hear appeals against the decisions of the Adda Courts.
Sikkim High Court Recruitment 2022
Name of the Post: Civil Judge Cum Judicial Magistrate (Grade-III)
Total Posts: 4 Posts
Job Location: Sikkim
Candidates’ age should be maximum of 35 years. Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates. Age is reckoned as on 10-10-2022.
- Candidates must possess Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Candidates should have a minimum experience of 7 years i.e. practice as an Advocate.
- Candidates must be able to Communicate in Nepali or any other language of the State.
- Candidates must be proficient in Operating Computers.
Selected Candidates will receive pay in the pay range of Rs. 27,700-770-33,090-920-40,450-1080-44,770/- by the recruiting organization.
Soon after completion of the receipt of the application form, Sikkim High Court will shortlist the candidates for a two-stage selection procedure, i.e Part-I (Written test) and Interview
- Part-I is a Written test. All the candidates who are shortlisted for the written test must attend the examination as mandatory. The written test will be conducted according to the Syllabus prescribed in the Sikkim Judicial Service, 1975.
- All the questions must be answered in the English language except vernacular. Answers must be written only in the English language. No other language will be entertained.
Part-II is of Viva-Voce. Viva voce is 100 marks. Only those candidates who secured the highest marks in both papers will be called to Interview. Candidates will be selected to interview on a 1:5 basis
A select List of qualified candidates will be prepared strictly on the basis of merit in the written test followed by an interview.
Documents to be carried at the time of interview:
1. Aadhar Card
2. SSC Marksheet Certificate
3. LLB Certificate
4. Provisional Certificate of qualifying Law Degree
5. Reservation certificate (SC, ST, OBC, EWS, XSM, PWD/PH) if applicable.
6. Valid active E-mail id.
7. Valid mobile number for receiving SMS
8. Online payment facility for paying the requisite amount of application fee.
9. Recent copies of passport-size photographs and signatures.
Documents need to be submitted at the time of the interview:
1. One set of Photocopy/Xerox copies of all the above Certificates
2. Aadhar Photocopy/xerox proof.
3. Recent Photocopy of Passport size photographs.
4. Bar council registration certificate
Candidates must deposit an application fee of about Rs. 600/- in the form of a Demand draft drawn in favor of the Registrar General, High Court of Sikkim, Payable at Sikkim.
How to Apply?
- Desirous Aspirants must read the recruitment notification released by the Sikkim High Court
- The notification was released by the Recruitment department of Sikkim High Court.
- Visit the official website, hcs.gov.in, and check the latest announcements on the home page.
- Click on the recruitment notification of Civil Judge
- Check all the eligibility before applying to the posts.
- After checking your eligibility, click on the application form available at the end of the recruitment notification.
- Fill out all the particulars in the application form carefully at the appropriate places.
- Attest a recent copy of the passport-size photograph, signature, and relevant certificates of testimonials at designated positions.
- Submit the application form after checking all the details to the concerned postal address through registered post or speed post.
- Take a printout copy of the application form for future reference.
Candidates should take note of important dates before applying to their respective posts.
|Name of the Event||Date|
|Issuance of Notification||08-09-2022|
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||10-10-2022|
I hope this article is useful for job seekers. Here are some important links for you.
High Court of Sikkim
Gangtok, East Sikkim
E-mail: [email protected]
|Detailed Recruitment Notification for Civil Judge||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Go to Sarkari Result||Click Here|