About Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana: In May 2016, the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MOPNG), introduced the ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’ (PMUY) as a flagship scheme with the objective to make clean cooking fuel such as LPG available to the rural and deprived households which were otherwise using traditional cooking fuels such as firewood, coal, cow-dung cakes, etc. The usage of traditional cooking fuels had detrimental impacts on the health of rural women as well as on the environment.
The scheme was launched on 1st May 2016 in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri. Narendra Modi.
The target under the scheme was to release 8 Crore LPG Connections to the deprived households by March 2020.
On 7th September 2019, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India handed over the 8th Crore LPG connection in Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
- Eligible as per SECC 2011 list
- Belongs to SC/ST households, be a beneficiary of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY), Forest dwellers, Most Backward Classes (MBC), Tea and Ex-Tea Garden Tribes, People residing in river islands (Beneficiary will submit supporting document)
- If she is not falling in the above 2 categories, then she can stake her claim to be a beneficiary under Poor household by submitting a 14-point declaration (as per the prescribed format)
Documents required to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana: The applicant must provide the following documents:
- KYC as per the standard format carrying the photograph of the applicant and duly signed.
- POI (Proof of Identity)
- POA (Proof of Address)
- Aadhaar copy of Applicant,
- Aadhaar copy of all adult family members as mentioned in the Ration Card or similar document.
- Bank account details of the applicant
- Ration card or any other family document issued by State Govt. /District administration detailing household composition (such as Bhamashah Card in Rajasthan and Samagra Id in MP, Parivar Register of Uttar Pradesh, Parivar Pehchan Patra in Haryana, Rice Card of Andhra Pradesh or any other state-specific card getting added later) of the identified household in which her name appears. In states, where the State Government portal has updated family details, a self-signed copy of the printout from this portal can also be submitted by the beneficiary in lieu of a ration card.
- Self-declaration as per Annexure-I in lieu of Ration card for ascertaining family composition in case of Migrant Applicants.
- Supporting Document, in case connection is applied under any of the seven categories (i.e. SC/ST households, beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) (Gramin), Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY), Forest dwellers, Most Backward Classes (MBC), Tea and Ex-Tea Garden Tribes, People residing in river Islands).
- 14-point declaration in support of Poor households duly signed by the applicant as per the standard format given.
Which documents can be produced as proof of identity?
- The Aadhaar Card of the applicant will only be considered as Proof of Identity (POI) for applicants of all states except Assam and Meghalaya.
- This would also serve the purpose of Proof of Address (POA) if the current address of the applicant is the same as per her Aadhaar.
- In case, the applicant’s address is different from that mentioned in the Aadhaar card, then she can submit any other documents for POA as listed in the Annexure – A
- For Assam and Meghalaya, where Aadhaar is not mandatory, an applicant can submit, any other Proof of Identity as given in the below table.
- In the case of Migrants, they can submit any of the 25 documents mentioned below under the list of PoA including the self-declaration form as per Annexure – I.
- Self-declaration form as per Annexure – I will not be considered for Non-Migrants.
How to Apply?
Applicants can apply both online and offline.
- Online – Customers can enroll through an online application, or they can also contact their nearest CSC Centre for submitting the online application.
- Offline – Customers can enroll by directly submitting the application at the distributorship.