PPSC Recruitment 2022: Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) is inviting online applications from eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Punjab Civil Services (Executive Branch) in the Department of Personnel, Government of Punjab. Selected candidates will be posted on direct recruitment basis.
About Punjab Public Service Commission: Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) formerly known as the Joint Public Service Commission is a government agency and top constitutional body of the Government of Punjab, India. It is responsible for conducting civil services and competitive examinations for various civil services and departmental posts in the jurisdiction of Punjab, India.
After the British ended its governance in the country, the two newly independent countries India and Pakistan were born. But on 1 November 1966, its territorial jurisdiction was decreased due to the formation of the States of Haryana and Himachal Pradesh and the Indian-based commission came into existence by splitting the earlier formed commission into two constitutional bodies; one in India and another in Pakistan.
PPSC Recruitment 2022- for 26 PCS (Executive Branch) Posts
Name of the Post: PCS (Executive)
No. of Posts: 26 Posts
Distribution of Posts:
|No of Posts
|Punjab Civil Services (Executive Branch) Register C
|Punjab Civil Services (Executive Branch) Register A-II
- Candidates, age must be maximum of 54 years.
- Candidates age is reckoned as on 01-11-2022
- Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates.
Candidates must possess Graduation Degree in any discipline from a recognized University/ Institute.
Candidates should have Eight years of experience in continuous service under the Government;
Selected candidates will be paid according to the rules and regulations of Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC)
|Online Application charges
|SC/ ST of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab State only
|Ex-Serviceman of Punjab state only
|No Fee to be paid
|EWS, PWD, and Lineal Descendants of Ex-Serviceman (LDESM) Punjab
|No Fee to be paid
|All Other Categories i.e., General, Sports Persons of Punjab, and Wards of Freedom Fighters, Punjab
How to Apply?
- Read the instructions carefully before applying for the post.
- Now open the official website and click on the notification link of ppsc.gov.in.
- Click on the career/ Recruitment button.
- Select the Log-in/New registration button if you are a new user.
- Fill in all the required details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned passport-size photo
- Upload the scanned signature.
- Pay the official fee charges for the application.
- Take the printout of the application and then download it for future purposes.
i) Proof of Date of Birth: Certificate of Matriculation/Higher Secondary
ii) Proof of having passed the Punjabi language
iii) Relevant Degree and DMC Certificate
iv) Sports Gradation Certificate Issued by the competent Authority (if applicable)
v) Persons with Disability Certificate issued by the competent Authority (if applicable)
vi) Reserve Category Certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
vii) Latest Punjab Residence certificate (all reserve categories) issued by the competent authority.
viii) Experience certificate issued by competent authority (if applicable)
ix) For ESM, certificates/documents mentioning the following:-
a) Date of Enrolment
b) Date of Release/Discharge
c) Reason of Release/ Discharge
x) Certificate as proof of age relaxation claim (if applicable)
xi) Certificate as proof of fee concession (if applicable)
xii) Proof of being a government employee (if applicable)
Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) will shortlist the candidates to appear for the Written test depending on the number of applications received. Candidates will be shortlisted for the post of PCS (Executive Branch) based on their performance in the examination.
Important Points about the examination:
- The Screening Test shall consist of 100 questions. For final selection, weight-age @50% of marks scored in the screening test will be considered.
- The questions shall be Objective Type with Multiple Choices.
- The level of questions shall be of Graduation standard.
- The duration of the test will be two (02) hours
- The question paper will be in English and Punjabi language.
- Each question will carry one mark and, for each correct answer candidate will get 1 mark.
- There will be Negative Marking (@ 0.25 marks for each question) in the Written Examination for questions wrongly answered i.e. for each incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total score.
- Starting Date for Submission of Online Application Form: 11th November 2022
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form: 10th December 2022
- The last date for depositing the hard copy of the application form: is 12th January 2023
|Online Application Form
|Go to Sarkari Result