PPSC Civil Judge Recruitment 2022: Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) is inviting online applications from eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Civil Judge (Junior Division) cum Judicial Magistrate in the State of Punjab. Candidates can apply for official PPSC notification if they are eligible.
About PPSC: Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) formerly known as the Joint Public Service Commission is a government agency and top constitutional body of the Government of Punjab, India. It is responsible for conducting civil services and competitive examinations for various civil services and departmental posts in the jurisdiction of Punjab, India.
After the British ended its governance in the country, the two newly independent countries India and Pakistan were born. But on 1 November 1966, its territorial jurisdiction was decreased due to the formation of the States of Haryana and Himachal Pradesh and the Indian-based commission came into existence by splitting the earlier formed commission into two constitutional bodies; one in India and another in Pakistan.
PPSC Recruitment 2022- for 159 Civil Judge Posts
Name of the Post: Civil Judge
No. of Posts: 159
- Candidates must have age between 21-37 Years as of on 10th October 2022
- Candidates who belong to SC/ST must be relaxable for 5 years.
- Candidates who belong to OBC must be relaxable for 3 years
Candidates must have a certificate/ degree of Law or must have an equivalent qualification from a recognized institute or board.
Candidates will be paid a pay scale of about Rs. 27,700/- -Rs. 44,770/- PM by the recruiting organization.
|Category||Online Application charges
|SC/ ST of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab State only||₹500/-||₹250/-||₹750/-|
|Ex-Serviceman of Punjab state only||₹500/-||No Fee to be paid||₹500/-|
|EWS, PWD and Lineal Descendants of Ex-Serviceman (LDESM) Punjab||₹500/-||No Fee to be paid||₹500/-|
|All Other Categories i.e., General, Sports Persons of Punjab and Wards of Freedom Fighters, Punjab||₹500/-||₹1000/-||₹1500/-|
How to Apply?
- Read the instructions carefully before applying for the post.
- Now open the official website and click on the link of ppsc.gov.in.
- Click on the career/ Recruitment button.
- Select the Log-in/New registration button if you are a new user.
- Fill in all the required details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned passport size photo
- Upload the scanned signature.
- Pay the official fee charges for the application.
- Take the printout of the application and then download it for future purposes.
Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) will shortlist the candidates to appear for the Written test/ Interview depending on the number of applications received.
Candidates will be shortlisted for the post of Civil Judge based on the two-stage selection process
- Screening Test (Preliminary Examination)
- Main examination and
- The Preliminary Examination shall be of objective type questions with multiple choices
(which can be scrutinized by Computer) as distinguished from the main written examination
which shall be subjective/narrative type.
- The question paper for the Preliminary examination shall be of two hours duration, it shall consist of 125 questions and each question shall carry 04 marks. For every question for
which a wrong answer 0.20% i.e.1/5th marks shall be deducted. There will, however, be no negative marking in respect of un-attempted questions
The main examination consists of the following papers
Code of Civil Procedure, Punjab Courts Act, Indian Contract Act, Indian Sales of Goods Act, Indian partnership Act, Specific Relief Act, Transfer of Property Act 1882, East Punjab Urban Rent Restriction Act 1949, and Indian Evidence Act 1872
Hindu Law, Mohammedan Law and Customary Law, Law of Registration and Limitation.
Indian Penal code, Criminal Procedure Code, and Indian Evidence Act
English Essay (1000-1100) words, Precis, Words, and Phrases
Punjabi in Gurmukhi Script
Candidates who got qualified both in the Preliminary Examination and main examination are only eligible to appear in the interview.
- The Viva-Voce shall carry 100 marks and the final result shall be prepared on the basis of the Grand Total of the marks obtained by the candidates in the Main Written Examination and the Viva-Voce.
- No candidate shall be called for the Viva-Voce unless he obtains at least 50% qualifying
marks in the aggregate of all the written papers
- Starting Date for PPSC application submission: 07 September 2022
- Last Date for PPSC Jobs form submission: 10th October 2022
|Detailed Notification||Click Here|
|Online Application Form||Click Here|
|Go to Sarkari Result||Click Here|