PGIMER Recruitment 2022: Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) invites online applications for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil), and Junior Engineer (Electrical) on direct recruitment basis. Candidates must read the recruitment notification carefully before applying for the posts. Selected candidates will get paid according to the rules of Pay Matrix 6 by the recruiting organization.
About Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research: The PGIMER owes its inception to the vision of late Sardar Partap Singh Kairon, the then Chief Minister of Punjab, and the distinguished medical educationists of the then combined state of Punjab, supported by the first Prime Minister of India Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru considered the institutions of scientific knowledge as temples of learning and places of pilgrimage.
The institute started in 1962 and Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru inaugurated the hospital now named “Nehru Hospital” on 7th July 1963. The Institute was originally under the Government of undivided Punjab. After the reorganization of the state, the administrative control of the institute was passed on to the Union Territory of Chandigarh in November 1966.
PGIMER Junior Engineer Recruitment 2022
Name of the Post: Junior Engineer (Civil), Junior Engineer (Electrical)
Total Posts: 6 Posts
|Name of the Post||No. of Posts|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||3 Posts|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||3 Posts|
|Total Posts||6 Posts|
Candidates’ age should be in between 18-30 years. Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates which are prescribed below.
- OBC Category: 3 years
- PWD Category: 10 years
- Ex-serviceman: 5 years
|Name of the Post||Qualification|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Candidates must complete a Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Candidates must complete Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute.|
Selected Candidates will receive payment according to the mentioned amounts by the recruiting organization
|Name of the Post||Pay Scale|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Rs. 35,400 – 1,12,400/- PM|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Rs. 35,400 – 1,12,400/- PM|
Candidates who have successfully submitted their online application will be allowed to appear in the online computer-based test (CBT). The computer-based test is 100 marks.
The minimum qualifying/ eligibility criteria for CBT will be 40% marks for the General/EWS category and 35% for the OBC category respectively. For Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, the minimum qualifying criteria shall be as that prescribed for his/her caste category (General/EWS/OBC).
The Computer Based Test (CBT) in English language only comprising of multiple choice questions (objective type) shall be held on an India basis at examination cities mentioned in the succeeding paragraphs. Each question shall carry one (01) mark. There will be negative marking to the extent of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer
On the basis of the Computer Based Examination, candidates who qualify for the examination are eligible to appear for an interview.
Documents to be carried at the time of interview:
1. Aadhar Card
2. SSC Marksheet Certificate
3. Degree, Diploma Certificate marks sheets (all semesters or consolidated mark sheet)
4. Provisional Certificate of qualifying Degree
5. Reservation certificate (SC, ST, OBC, EWS, XSM, PWD/PH) if applicable.
Documents need to be submitted at the time of the interview:
1. One set of Photocopy/Xerox copies of all the above Certificates
2. Aadhar xerox proof.
3. Recent copies of Passport size photographs.
General/ OBC/ EWS Category candidates must pay an application fee of Rs. 1500/-, and Rs. 800/- for reserved category candidates. The fee must be payable through online mode.
How to Apply?
- Desirous Aspirants must read the recruitment notification released by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER)
- The notification was released by the Recruitment Dashboard of PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Visit the official website, www.pgimer.edu.in, and check the latest announcements on the home page.
- Click on the recruitment notification for Junior engineers
- Check all the eligibility before applying to the posts.
- After checking your eligibility, click on the Online application form
- Fill out all the particulars in the online application form carefully at the appropriate places.
- Upload a recent copy of the passport-size photograph, signature, and relevant certificates of testimonials at designated positions.
- Pay the requisite amount of the application fee
- Submit the online application form after checking all the details.
- Take a printout copy of the online application form for future reference.
Candidates should take note of important dates before applying to their respective posts.
|Name of the Event||Date|
|Starting Date for Submission of Online Application Form||13-09-2022|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form||12-10-2022|
PGIMER,Sector-12, Chandigarh,Pin- 160 012, India
|Detailed Recruitment Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Go to Sarkari Result||Click Here|