Orissa High Court Recruitment 2022: Orissa High Court is inviting applications to fill the posts of Law Researcher on a contractual basis for a period of two years. Candidates who completed Degree in Law with experience in Legal affairs are only eligible to apply.
About Odisha High Court: By Resolution dated 19 August 1942 the Law Department of Government of Orissa appointed a committee with Sri Bira Kishor Ray as Chairman, Narasingh Rao as a member, and Shri J.E. Meher as the Secretary. The conclusion of the report was that the creation of a separate High Court would round off the organization of the Province and lead to a more speedy and convenient administration of justice.
At the commencement of the 20th Century, Bengal Presidency was a vast province including Assam, Bihar, and Orissa. It was really difficult to manage administratively such vast areas inhabited by people speaking different languages and having different traditions. Administrative exigencies required separation of such areas which originally did not form part of Bengal. In 1905 Lord Curzon, however, with a sinister motive of wedging a division among the Bengal nationalists on a communal basis partitioned Bengal into two parts and formed a new province with Assam and Eastern Bengal. Bihar and Orissa were retained with the remaining parts of Bengal as provinces of Bengal. Lord Curzon did not hide his real motive when he pointed out to the Muslims of Eastern Bengal that the new province of Eastern Bengal and Assam was conceived as a Muslim-majority province.
Orissa High Court Recruitment 2022
Law Researcher Posts
Name of the Post: Law Researcher
Total Posts: 4 Posts
Candidates’ age should be maximum 45 years as of 01-01-2022. Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates. Relaxation is provided to candidates according to rules and regulations
- Candidates must possess a Degree in Law from a recognized University/ Institute and the qualification must be recognized by the Bar Council of India
- Candidates must enroll as an Advocate in the Bar Council.
- A candidate from a law background must have completed LLB Degree/ LLM degree from any recognized Universities/Colleges/institutions.
- A candidate must have a good working knowledge of computers. A Candidate with 3 years of practice/work and/or teaching experience would be preferred
The Legal Assistant Law Clerk-Gum-Research Assistant shall perform such duties as directed by the Hon’ble Judge concerned and perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Registrar General/ Principal Registrar/ Registrar from time to time.
Selected Candidates will get payment of about Rs. 30,000/- by the recruiting organization.
- Soon after receipt of the application forms, Orissa High Court will shortlist the candidates to interview.
- The candidate shall bring their Online application form & self-attested copies of all the relevant/ necessary documents on the scheduled date & time of the interview.
- The applicants who are found eligible for the assignment of Legal Assistant, Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant shall be required to undergo an Interview to be held at Odisha
- On the basis of bio-data and the marks secured by the candidates in the Interview, a merit list of candidates shall be drawn to be kept
- The merit list of candidates shall be placed for approval before the Hon’ble Chief ‘Justice. The candidates whose names are approved for giving assignment shall be put in a Panel as per merit and they shall be assigned duties as per requirement.
- After the declaration of the Result, Candidates can see their marks and download their Score Card by Log-in with their User I.D. & Password.
Required Documents to be carried at the time of interview:
1. Aadhar Card
2. SSC Marksheet Certificate
3. LLB Certificate
4. Provisional Certificate of qualifying Degree
5. Reservation certificate
6. Valid active E-mail id.
7. Valid mobile number for receiving SMS
8. Online payment facility for paying the requisite amount of application fee.
9. Recent copies of passport-size photographs and signatures.
Documents need to be submitted at the time of the interview:
1. One set of Photocopy/Xerox copies of all the above Certificates
2. Aadhar Photocopy/xerox proof.
3. Recent Photocopy of Passport size photographs.
No fee details are available in the given recruitment notification
How to Apply?
- Desirous Aspirants must read the recruitment notification released by the Odisha High Court
- The notification was released by the Recruitment department of the Odisha High Court
- Visit the official website, Orissa high court.nic.in, and check the latest announcements on the home page.
- Click on the recruitment notification of Law Clerk Cum Legal Research Assistant
- Check all the eligibility before applying to the posts.
- After checking your eligibility, click on the Online application form
- Fill out all the particulars in the online application form carefully at the appropriate places.
- Upload a recent copy of the passport-size photograph, signature, and relevant certificates of testimonials at designated positions.
- Submit the online application form after checking all the details.
- Take a printout copy of the online application form for future reference.
Candidates should take note of important dates before applying to their respective posts.
- Starting Date for Submission of Application Form: 19-09-2022
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 10-10-2022
Address for Communication
High Court of Odisha, Cuttack.
I hope this article is useful for job seekers. Here are some important links for you.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Detailed Notification||Click Here|