Karnataka High Court Recruitment 2022: Karnataka High Court is inviting applications from eligible Indian Nationals to fill the posts of District Judges on Direct recruitment basis. Candidates who are having experience in Legal affairs are eligible to apply for the vacancies. Selected Candidates will be posted on direct recruitment basis in the pay mentioned by the higher officials.
About Karnataka High Court: At present, recruitment and promotion to the Karnataka Judicial Service are governed under the Karnataka Judicial Service (Recruitment) Rules, 1983.
The Judicial Service in the State consists of :
(i) District & Sessions Judges (Supertime scale);
(ii) District & Sessions Judges;
(iii) Senior Civil Judges and Chief Judicial Magistrates,
(iv) Civil Judges and Judicial Magistrates of First Class.
Initial recruitment to the cadre of the Civil Judges and Judicial Magistrates First Class is made directly by the High Court from amongst the practicing advocates or from amongst the Senior Public Prosecutors or Asst. Public Prosecutors. The selected candidates would be on probation for a period of two years. During this period they shall undergo such training as prescribed by the High Court.
Karnataka High Court Recruitment 2022
Name of the Post: District Judges
Total Posts: 16 Posts (Backlog: 14 Posts, New: 2 Posts)
Job Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Candidates’ age should be maximum of 45 years. Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates. Age is 48 years for SC/ ST Category candidates. Age will be calculated as on 19th October 2022 (19-10-2022)
- Candidates must possess Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Candidates should have a minimum experience of 7 years i.e. practice as an Advocate.
- Candidates must be able to Communicate in the local language.
- Candidates must be proficient in Operating Computers.
Selected Candidates will receive pay in the pay range of Rs. 51550-1230-58930-1380-63070/- by the recruiting organization.
Soon after completion of the receipt of the application form, Karnataka High Court will shortlist the candidates for a three-stage selection procedure, i.e Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, and an interview.
The Preliminary Examination shall be conducted by way of an Objective Type Question Paper with multiple choices of 1½ hours (Ninety minutes) duration consisting of 100 marks. The syllabi for the said examination shall be the following, namely:-
Part-A – Civil Law.
Part-B – Criminal Law.
Part-C – General Knowledge (Test of reasoning and Mental aptitude)
The Competitive Written Examination for recruitment of District Judges shall consist of:
(i) Written examination of two papers each of three hours duration with 150 maximum marks for each paper – one in Civil Law and another in Criminal Law.
(ii) It is compulsory for all candidates to answer at least one of the papers in the English language and in so far as the other paper is concerned, it shall be optional for the candidates to answer the same either in English or in Kannada in which event the said paper shall be answered entirely in the language in which option is exercised.
(i) The viva-voce shall carry a maximum of 50 marks.
(ii) The candidate’s General knowledge, grasp of principles of law, and suitability for appointment as District Judge shall be tested
Documents to be carried at the time of interview:
1. Aadhar Card
2. SSC Marksheet Certificate
3. LLB Certificate
4. Provisional Certificate of qualifying Law Degree
5. Reservation certificate (SC, ST, OBC, EWS, XSM, PWD/PH) if applicable.
6. Valid active E-mail id.
7. Valid mobile number for receiving SMS
8. Online payment facility for paying the requisite amount of application fee.
9. Recent copies of passport-size photographs and signatures.
Documents need to be submitted at the time of the interview:
1. One set of Photocopy/Xerox copies of all the above Certificates
2. Aadhar Photocopy/xerox proof.
3. Recent Photocopy of Passport size photographs.
4. Bar council registration certificate
Preliminary Examination Fee:
General category candidates must pay an examination fee of Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for reserved category candidates). The fee must be payable through online mode.
Main Examination Fee:
General category candidates must pay an examination fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 750/- for reserved category candidates). The fee must be payable through online mode.
How to Apply?
- Desirous Aspirants must read the recruitment notification released by the Karnataka High Court
- The notification was released by the Recruitment department of the Karnataka High Court.
- Visit the official website, https://karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in/, and check the latest announcements on the home page.
- Click on the recruitment notification of District Judge
- Check all the eligibility before applying to the posts.
- After checking your eligibility, click on the application form available at the end of the recruitment notification.
- Fill out all the particulars in the application form carefully at the appropriate places.
- Attest a recent copy of the passport-size photograph, signature, and relevant certificates of testimonials at designated positions.
- Submit the application form after checking all the details to the concerned postal address through registered post or speed post.
- Take a printout copy of the application form for future reference.
Candidates should take note of important dates before applying to their respective posts.
|Name of the Event
|Issuance of Notification
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form
|Last Date for Payment of Fee
I hope this article is useful for job seekers. Here are some important links for you.
Karnataka High Court, High Court Buildings, Opp. to Vidhana Soudha, Ambedkar Veedhi, Bengaluru-560 001
|Detailed Recruitment Notification
|Go to Sarkari Result