JKPSC Prosecuting Officer Recruitment 2022: Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) is inviting online applications for the posts of Prosecuting Officer under the Jammu & Kashmir Home Department (JK Home Department) from the domiciles of Jammu & Kashmir. Candidates who complete Degree in Law are only eligible to apply.
About Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission: Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission widely known as JKPSC, is a constitutional body formed by the Government of India under articles 128 and 133 which conducts the civil services examination for appointment to various civil services in the Indian administered union territory of Jammu and Kashmir. The JKPSC, an autonomous body selects the officers for various key positions in state civil services according to the merits of the candidates and the rules of reservation.
The Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission is the top-most constitutional body and senior-most civil services of the Government of India. Its headquarters are located in the Solina area of Srinagar city, 190009. The Commission is headed by its chairman who is responsible for the recruitment process, JKPSC policy formulation, and its implementation. The commission chairman including other members are appointed by the state governor. The governor has the right to determine the number of members as well as the members of the commission and their terms of service under certain sections of J&K state.
JKPSC Recruitment 2022 Prosecuting Officer 120 Posts
Name of the Post: Prosecuting Officer
Total Posts: 120 Posts
Category-Wise Distribution of Number of Posts:
- OM: 61 Posts
- SC: 10 Posts
- ST: 12 Posts
- OSC: 5 Posts
- ALC: 4 Posts
- RBA: 12 Posts
- PSP: 5 Posts
- EWS: 11 Posts
Candidates’ age must not be more than 40 years. Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates. Age is reckoned as on 01-01-2022
- Candidates must possess Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their examinations are also eligible to apply. But they need to produce their certificate of qualification at the time of the interview.
- However, they are allowed to attend the Preliminary examination.
Selected candidates will get paid in the range of Rs. 47,600 – 1,51,100/- PM by the recruiting organization.
Candidates will get selected for the post of Prosecuting Officer based on their selection in the below-mentioned stages.
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination and
The preliminary Examination is for 400 marks. The paper is mentioned as a screening test. Candidates need to secure a minimum of 33% of the marks in the preliminary examination in order to qualify for the Main examination.
There will be negative marking, 1/4th of the mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Qualified candidates the preliminary examination are only allowed to appear in the Main examination.
Main examination consists of 7 papers. Candidates who secured minimum score in the main examination are only allowed to appear for personality test.
Candidates must bring all the certificates in support of age, educational qualification for attending the personality test.
General category candidates must pay an application fee of Rs. 1000/-, Rs. 500/- for reserved category candidates. Fee must be payable through online mode.
How to Apply?
- Desirous candidates must read the recruitment notification released by the Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission.
- The notification was released by the Jammu & Kashmir Home Department
- Visit the official website, www.jkpsc.nic.in, and check the announcement tab to get a recruitment notification of Prosecuting Officer Posts
- Click on the recruitment notification for Prosecuting Officer
- Check all the eligibility before applying to the posts.
- After checking your eligibility, click on the Online application form
- Fill out all the particulars in the online application form carefully at the appropriate places.
- Upload a recent copy of the passport-size photograph, signature, and relevant certificates of testimonials at designated positions.
- Submit the online application form after checking all the details.
- Take a printout copy of the online application form for future reference.
Documents need to be submitted at the time of Submission of the Application Form:
1. Scanned Photo duly signed by the Candidate
2. Scanned Signatures of the Candidate.
3. Scanned copies of mark sheets of Educational Qualifications.
4. Scanned copy of SC/BC-A/BC-B/EWS/ESMiDESM/DFF certificate
5. Scanned copy of PwBD Certificate. (For PwBD).
7. Scanned copy of NOC from the Department.
Candidates should make a note about Important Dates while applying online for the post of Prosecuting Officer
|Name of the Activity||Date|
|Date of Issuance of Notification||03-10-2022|
|Starting Date for Submission of Online Application Form||06-10-2022|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form||05-11-2022|
Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC), Solina, Kashmir, Srinagar.
|Detailed Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Go to Sarkari Result||Click Here|