About Bihar Public Service Commission: The history of the Constitution of India reveals that the concept of conducting competitive examinations for appointment to certain posts came into consideration way back in the year 1853 and a committee for giving shape to that was constituted under the chairmanship of Lord Macaulay in the year 1854. Later on, the Federal Public Service Commission and the State Public Service Commissions were constituted under the Government of India Act, of 1935.
The Bihar Public Service Commission came into existence on 1st April 1949 after its separation from the Commission for the States of Orissa and Madhya Pradesh, in accordance with sub-section (1) of section 261 of the Government of India Act, 1935, as adapted. Its constitutional status was pronounced with the promulgation of the Constitution of India on 26th January 1950. It is a Constitutional Body under Article 315 of the Constitution of India.
The Bihar Public Service Commission initially began its functioning for the State of Bihar with its headquarters at Ranchi. The State Government decided to shift the headquarters of the Commission from Ranchi to Patna and it was finally shifted to Patna on 1st March 1951
Introduction: Bihar Public Service Commission (OPSC) is inviting online applications for the posts of Assistants under, the Government of Bihar undertaking. Candidates who possess Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline are only eligible to apply.
BPSC Recruitment 2022- Assistant 44 Posts @bpsc.bih.nic.in
Name of the Post: Assistant
Total Posts: 44 Posts
Category Wise Distribution of Number of Posts:
- UR: 23 Posts
- EWS: 4 Posts
- SC: 7 Posts
- OBC: 8 Posts
- BC: 1 Post
- BC (Female): 1 Post
Candidates’ age is in between 21-37 years. Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates. Age is reckoned as on 01-08-2022.
- Candidates must possess Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University/ Institute.
Selected candidates will get pay in the range of Rs. 44,900 – 1,42,400/- (According to Pay matrix Level-7) by the recruiting organization.
Candidates will get selected for the posts of Assistant based on their performance in the Preliminary Examination, and Main Examination followed by an Interview. Both Preliminary and Main examinations will consists of Questions from
- General Knowledge
- General Knowledge & Science
- Mental Ability Test
Duration of the examination is 2 Hours and 15 Minutes.
Candidates who got selected in the Preliminary Examination are only eligible to appear for Main examination. Candidates who scored better marks both in Preliminary and Main examination will be able to attend for interview process.
Certificates to be carried at the time of interview:
- Matric Certificate
- Degree Certificate
- BC Certificate
- SC/ ST Certificate/ PWD Certificate if any
- Residence certificate
- Ex-Servicemen certificate
- 4 copies of recent passport-size photograph
- Aadhar card
General category candidates must pay an application fee of Rs. 600/-, Rs. 150/- for Bihar Local candidates, SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates. Fee must be payable through online mode.
How to Apply?
- Desirous candidates must read the recruitment notification released by the Bihar Public Service Commission.
- The notification was released by the General Administration Department of Bihar.
- Visit the official website, www.bpsc.bih.nic.in and check the announcement tab to get a recruitment notification of the BPSC Assistant Posts
- Click on the recruitment notification for Assistants
- Check all the eligibility before applying to the posts.
- After checking your eligibility, click on the Online application form
- Fill out all the particulars in the online application form carefully at the appropriate places.
- Upload a recent copy of the passport-size photograph, signature, and relevant certificates of testimonials at designated positions.
- Submit the online application form after checking all the details.
- Take a printout copy of the online application form for future reference.
Candidates should make a note about Important Dates while applying online to the post of Drug Inspector
|Name of the Activity||Date|
|Date of Issuance of Notification||06-09-2022|
|Starting Date for Submission of Online Application Form||15-09-2022|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form||14-10-2022|
Address for Communication:
Bihar Public Service Commission, 15, Nehru Path, Patna – 800001, Bihar.
|Detailed Recruitment Notification for Assistant||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Go to Sarkari Result||Click Here|