WBPSC Recruitment 2022: West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) is inviting online applications for the posts of Senior Scientific Officer, Scientific Assistant, Laboratory Assistant in the Narcotics Division of the Forensic Science Laboratory. Candidates who possess a Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline with are eligible to apply. Selected candidates will be recruited on direct recruitment basis.
About West Bengal Public Service Commission: The evolution of the Public Service Commission in India can be traced back to the persistent demands raised by educated Indians for admission into the Indian Civil Service. The Montagu-Chelmsford report incorporated a provision regarding this demand of the Indian Youth and ultimately the Govt. of India Act, 1919 saved the path for the formation of the Public Service Commissions Section 96C of the Govt. of India Act, 1919 provided for the establishment of a Public Service Commission in India to regulate the recruitment and control the public services in India and perform such functions as may be assigned thereto by Rules made by the Secretary of State in Council.
The next significant development in the history of the Public Service Commission in India was the issuance of a White Paper in December 1931 delineating proposals for Indian Constitutional Reforms. The White Paper also contained a blueprint of the Public Service Commissions for the proposed Federation and the provinces. The report of the Joint Committee on Indian Constitutional Reforms (1934) further reiterated the need for setting up a federal PSC and a PSC for each province the Govt. of India Act, 1935 envisaged a Public Service Commission for the federation and a Provincial Public Service Commission for each Province or Group of Provinces.
WBPSC Recruitment 2022 Scientific Assistant Posts
Name of the Post: Senior Scientific Officer, Scientific Assistant, Laboratory Assistant
Total Posts: 10 Posts
- Senior Scientific Officer: 2 Posts
- Scientific Assistant: 4 Posts
- Laboratory Assistant: 4 Posts
Senior Scientific Officer:
Candidates age must be maximum 36 years as on 01-01-2022
Candidates age must be maximum 39 years as on 01-01-2022
Candidates age must be maximum 40 years as on 01-01-2022
Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates.
Senior Scientific Officer:
Candidates must possess A Second class Master’s Degree in Chemistry from a recognized University or equivalent with 5 years of experience of analytical methods and research or Candidates should have degree in Science having Chemistry as one of the subjects from a Seven years’ experience of work in Forensic Chemistry recognized University or equivalent
Candidates must complete Degree in Science having Chemistry as one of the subjects from a recognized University or equivalent with Two years experience in laboratory work.
Candidates must possess Bachelor’s Degree in Science of a recognized University or Higher Secondary Examination with Science subjects having one year’s experience in analytical work in a Scientific Laboratory
Selected candidates will get paid according to the rates mentioned below.
- Senior Scientific Officer: Rs. 56,100 – 1,44,300/- PM
- Scientific Assistant: Rs. 28,900 – 74,500/- PM
- Laboratory Assistant: Rs. 22,700 – 58,500/- PM
Candidates will get selected for the post of Senior Scientific Officer, Scientific Assistant, Laboratory Assistant based on their performance in the screening test followed by a personality test. Marks obtained in Screening Test will not be considered for preparation of the Merit List for a recommendation. Marks obtained in the Screening Test will only be considered for the selection of candidates for interview for the purpose of restricting the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit.
Qualified candidates in the written test must attend a personality test on the prescribed date given by the commission.
General category candidates must secure at least 40% of marks in order to get qualify in the written test. 35% of marks is enough for SC Category.
- General Category candidates must pay an application fee of Rs. 210/- through online mode. Fees need to be payable through online mode, i.e. through Net Banking, Credit or Debit Card, etc.
- No fee needs to be paid by Female candidates/ Ex-Servicemen candidates.
How to Apply?
- Desirous candidates must read the recruitment notification released by the West Bengal Public Service Commission.
- The notification was released by the West Bengal Education Service, Government of West Bengal
- Visit the official website, www.wbpsc.gov.in, and check the announcement tab to get a recruitment notification from the WBPSC Scientific Assistant, Laboratory Assistant, Senior Scientific Officer
- Click on the recruitment notification in the Narcotics Control Bureau
- Check all the eligibility before applying to the posts.
- After checking your eligibility, click on the Online application form
- Fill out all the particulars in the online application form carefully at the appropriate places.
- Upload a recent copy of the passport-size photograph, signature, and relevant certificates of testimonials at designated positions.
- Submit the online application form after checking all the details.
- Take a printout copy of the online application form for future reference.
Documents need to be submitted at the time of Submission of the Application Form:
1. Scanned Photo duly signed by the Candidate
2. Scanned Signatures of the Candidate.
3. Scanned copies of degrees and mark sheets of Educational Qualifications.
4. Scanned copy of SC/BC-A/BC-B/EWS/ESMiDESM/DFF certificate
5. Scanned copy of PwBD Certificate. (For PwBD).
7. Scanned copy of NOC from Department
Candidates should make a note about Important Dates while applying online for the post of Physiotherapist
|Name of the Activity
|Date of Issuance of Notification
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form
|Last Date for Payment of Fee
Public Service Commission, West Bengal,
161-A, S. P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata – 700 026,
|Detailed Recruitment Notification
|Go to Sarkari Result