OPSC Public Prosecutor Recruitment 2022: Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) is inviting online applications for the recruitment of 6 posts for Public Prosecutor in the Odisha State Prosecution Service under the Home Department. Selected candidates will be posted under prosecution service in the scale of pay of Rs.44, 900/- in Level-13. The notification is exclusively reserved for SC/ST candidates.
About Odisha Public Service Commission: The Origin of the Public Service Commission in India is found in the First Dispatch of the Government of India on Indian Constitutional Reforms on March 5, 1919, which referred to the need for setting up some permanent office charged with the regulation of service matters. This concept of a body intended to be charged primarily with the regulation of service matters found a somewhat more practical shape in the Government of India Act, of 1919. Section 96C of the Act provided for the establishment in India of a Public Service Commission which should “discharge, in regard to recruitment and control of the Public Services in India, such functions as may be assigned thereto by rules made by the Secretary of State in Council.
OPSC Public Prosecutor Recruitment 2022 – Apply for 6 Posts
Total No. of Posts: 06 (Reserved for SC/ST Category candidates)
- SC: 2 Posts
- ST: 4 Posts
Candidates, age must be between 21-45 years on the 1st day of January 2022. And must not exceed earlier than 2nd January 1977 and later than 1st January 2001.
Age must be relaxed for 5 years for ASC/ST/OBC/EWS category.
- Candidates must possess Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Candidates should have minimum of 10 years of experience in practicing as an advocate
- Candidate should be registered with the Bar Council of India
- Selection to the post of Public Prosecutor is entirely based on their performance in the written test followed by an interview.
- The written examination consists of 3 papers. Each paper is of 150 marks (The total marks for the written examination is 450 marks)
- Qualified candidates in the written test are eligible to appear for an interview. Candidates will be shortlisted in a ratio of 1:3
- Viva-voce is 50 marks.
The written examination will be held at Cuttack/Bhubaneswar depending on the number of candidates.
There is no exam fee for all categories according to the GA&PG Department of notification.
How to Apply?
- Candidates must go through the website once and then fill in the details in the careers age of opsc.gov.in
- Check the eligibility and instructions before filling up the application form.
- Candidates should upload their passport-size photo and signature. And need the left-hand thumb impression.
- Candidates must keep copies of passport-size photos for future reference.
- After the successful submission of the online application, a PPSAN number is allocated to the applicant.
- Don’t rush up to the last minute for the submission of the application.
- Candidates are required to download and take a printout of the application form.
Documents and Certificates need to be submitted at the time of the interview:
- Candidates who have qualified in written tests are required to download the hard copy of the application form and need to produce original documents at the time of the interview.
- HSC or equivalent certificate from a recognized university/institute is required.
- Candidates must possess Bachelor’s Degree with Honours and Post Graduate degree in Economics/Agricultural Economics/Commerce/Mathematics/Sociology with Statistics as one of the papers and Regional planning as one of the papers.
- Caste Certificate
- Odia Test Certificate
- Discharge Certificate
- No objection Certificate.
- Any proof of identity.
Reasons for Rejection of Application form
- Incomplete online application form
- Not signing on the declaration form.
- No submission of hard copy.
- Not belonging to the required age limit.
- Not passing the Odia test.
- Submission of wrong information.
- Suppression of facts
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application Form: 07-11-2022
Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form: 06-12-2022
|Detailed Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Go to Sarkari Result||Click Here|